Raw rice/Pachari - 1 cup
Cooked rice - a handful
Grated Coconut - a handful
Yeast -1/4 tsp
Sugar- 2 tbsp (if necessary)
Salt- to taste
Method of preparation:
- Wash and soak rice in water for 6 hours. Drain and grind this with all the other ingredients in a mixer grinder adding enough water to a smooth thin batter.
- Keep this batter aside overnight or at least 6-8 hours to ferment.
- To make gharma gharam palappam,first heat a non stick appachatti or appam pan on medium heat.
- rub appachatti with some oil and pour one full thavi/ladle batter on the centre of the pan. Immediately spread it by rotating the pan only once by holding on both the handles. Cover the pan and let the appam cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with egg roast,veg stew, or chicken kuruma.